Classic Moments

7 July 2013

INTERVIEW WITH THE MOUTH


The Mouth Speaks! – An exclusive interview with Mark Sheehan

What age were you when you knew you wanted to be a musician and perform?
I was sixteen. I got into music going into Abby Discs in central Dublin and buying imported records. Hip and Hop and RnB mainly. Me and Danny would spend loads of time in there on Saturdays.

Who bought you your first guitar and what was it?
I bought my own. A Taylor. It’s about 15 years old now. It goes everywhere with me. It’s the equivalent of my Harry Potter wand. The guitar found me. Every time you hear an acoustic guitar on a script record it’s that guitar.

What were your first impressions of your lead singer?
Gangly, skinny kid, wearing the biggest flares I’ve ever seen in my life. Very confident.

What was the first song you wrote together?
Wow, that’s a great question. Believe it or not we have never been asked that. ‘When will I see you again’.

Any good? 
Terrible.

How did your first gig go and where was it?
The Sugar Club in Dublin. It was a battle of a bands and we won. Only 55 people watching us. Mostly family. Two years later we played to 55,000 people just down the road at the Aviva. Nuts.

What ingredients make a good book for you?
I’m a storyteller by nature. We called ourselves The Script because every song is a mini movie. Hearing a great story is my bag. It’s why I fell in love with The Rock ‘n’ Roll Diaries. It’s not your average rock ‘n’ roll story. It’s told from four different unique perspectives. It’s like a playground for your mind.

Source: therocknrolldiaries.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Please do not cite or copy our content to use on your own site without credits to, and permission of www.dannyodonoghue.net. We are working hard to get what we have..

The Script

The Script